Foreign nationals who wish to remain in the country for an indefinite period of time must apply for Permanent Residency. Foreign nationals who maintain provisional residency status for four consecutive years will qualify to apply for permanent residency on the fifth year.
- Three photocopies of the provisional residency card and cedula (Dominican I.D.)
- Affidavit by two residents of the Dominican Republic regarding the moral standing and good behavior of the applicant.
- Notarized letter of guarantee from a Dominican person or corporation or a permanent resident.
- A certificate of good behavior from the Dominican authorities.
- Medical exam performed in the Dominican Republic (blood test, urine test and chest x-rays)
- 4 photos 2 x 2 (front), and 4 photos 2 x 2 (profile)
- Marriage certificate
- Original provisional residency card
- Application form
- Copy of passport
- Bank letter and bank statement
Upon approval of petition, the applicant will receive a permanent resident card valid for a four year period, renewable for an additional four year period.