This residency classification is designed for those who wish to reside or work in the country for a period of up to one year. After obtaining residency, the foreign national has the option of renewing provisional residency on a yearly basis until the fourth year. On the fourth year the foreign national will qualify to apply for permanent residency. PRIOR THIS RESIDENCY YOU NEED TO OBTAIN A RESIDENCY VISA (RS). Upon arrival to the country with your RESIDENCY VISA, please contact us in order to initiate the process for PROVISIONAL RESIDENCY. Our firm will handle the entire process for you. Please contact us for a free quote.
- A residency visa from the Dominican Consulate or Embassy in the country of origin prior to arrival. Please contact us for further details.
- Valid passport for a year from the date the process for residency is initiated.
- If applying as a couple, marriage certificate authenticated with an apostille or sealed by the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate authenticated with an apostille or sealed by the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Certificate of good conduct from your country authenticated with an apostille or notarized or sealed by the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Medical test performed by the Immigration Department (x-rays, urine test, blood test)
- Affidavit by two residents of the Dominican Republic regarding the moral standing and good behavior of the applicant.
- Notarized letter of guarantee from a Dominican person or corporation or a permanent resident. (We can provide guarantor services for an additional cost)
- A certificate of good behavior from the Dominican authorities.
- Proof of solvency of the guarantor
- Application form
- Translation to spanish and legalization of all documents
Questions? Thoughts? Issues?
Don’t hesitate to ask us!