The following are some of the reasons why I not only promote residency and citizenship in the DR, but why I myself as an expat chose to naturalize here:
- Growing economy
- Low tax rates
- Stable government
- The ability to hold dual citizenship
- No renewal costs (cost of renewing residency)
- No physical presence required in the country to hold residency status
- Investment opportunities
- REAL ESTATE for a reasonable price you can obtain beautiful property with the most amazing views. In my case, commercial property in the most exclusive part of town.
- Better quality of life
- Low cost of living
- Beautiful country which has diversity (not just mountains and beaches)
- Friendly people
While there is no such thing as a perfect place, there is such a thing as an ideal place. Each individual must think about what they want out of the country they invest/reside in and then make a move. After analyzing all that the DR had to offer I made the decision that this was the place for me and ten years later I can tell you without a doubt, it was the best decision I ever made. I am hoping that by sharing the knowledge I can help others get closer to reaching their goal of diversification.