Dominican Republic Reached a Record 6.6M Tourists in 2018


The cumulative arrival of passengers at the close of the 2018, which includes foreign visitors and non-resident Dominicans, reached the historic figure of 6,568,888 people, 381,346 more travelers than 2017, for year-on-year growth of 6.2%. From this increase, it is observed that 69.4% corresponds to foreigners tourists (264,544 additional passengers) and the remaining 30.6% Dominicans living abroad (116,802 additional passengers).



These results show that the country continues to be one of the most attractive destinations to vacation in the entire Caribbean.


ARRIVAL OF FOREIGN TOURISTS BY REGION


When analyzing the composition of tourists according to regions of residence during 2018, it is observed that the they come from:


North America with 58.4%

Europe with 23.7%

South America with 13.6%

Central America and Caribbean with 4.0%

Asia and the rest of the world with 0.3%.



Regarding the contribution of the different regions to the increase in arrival of tourists during 2018, the cumulative arrival of non-resident foreigners from North America shows a year-on-year growth of 8.7%, equivalent to 262,630 additional visitors, most of them from:


United States of America (188,539)

Canada (67,356)


SOURCE - DOMINICAN CENTRAL BANK

445 views

Abreu & Associates is one of the leading immigration law firms in the country.

We look forward to helping you in making the right decisions and empowering your future in the Dominican Republic.

Contact Us Now Botton
Land of opportunity

The Dominican Republic is among the best places to buy real estate in 2016, and certain areas in this country are the absolute best places to be shopping for affordable beachfront retirement. In addition, for a CD with a bank in this country to earn as much as 5% for U.S. dollars and double digits on a Dominican Republic peso deposit.

World Bank review

The Dominican Republic has the largest economy of Central America and the Caribbean. The country has weathered the global economic crisis well and in 2010 experienced one of the highest growth rates in the region. The DR remains the most rapid economy in the region in 2014 and 2015, with a GDP hovering at 7 percent.

About Us

Our primary objective is to use our knowledge, experience and expertise regarding life in the Dominican Republic along with safe and sound business practices to assist all of our clients in creating the life they desire in the Dominican Republic.

Things to know

The Dominican Republic is fast becoming a popular destination for expats. Each year, more and more people from Europe and the US are lured to this part of Hispaniola by the tropical climate, inexpensive properties and high rates of return on investments. Locals, who are known for their friendliness, curiosity and warm hospitality.

© 2018 by Abreu & Associates.

  • Facebook Clean
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Google+ Icon
  • Twitter Clean
  • Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Google+ page
  • Wix Twitter page